Eating is an agricultural act - Wendell Berry

Saturday, April 29, 2006

siddhartha

currently reading herman hesse's classic. was recommended strongly.
strong stuff on atma, happiness, asceticism, ego and what not.
it is a series of stuff that has been going on in my mind since the last few months on the same lines of exploration of the inner recesses of the mind. one thinks as one adds on more and more knowledge and wisdom, the more control one exercises over the mind.
i am seeing that perhaps it works the other way. in many ways the acquisition of knowledge is no less an egoistic pursuit than the pursuit of comfort and wealth. it comes of clearly in the book.
looking into myself at this point, and this is something that has been on my mind since the midnight rendezvous at the airport with nm and ss, i see how much it applies to my current state. coming to think of it, my friend - affly called 'dog' henceforth, has been barking into my head all this while - the relinquishing of material pursuits does not a saint (using it very^google loosely) make.

about time to shake off the cobwebs, wake up and smell the roses.
glad to be able to make the tiny first step towards understanding all this.
many more steps and falterings await me...and i await them.

No comments: